Public Health Order Complaints
While most West Sacramento residents and businesses have been doing a great job of following Yolo County’s COVID-19 shelter in place order, there are still instances of risky behavior happening in our community. Specifically, the City is getting reports of people gathering in parks in groups, hosting parties in their yards and not following the six foot social distancing guidelines in their neighborhoods and at grocery and big box stores.
Shelter in Place Order Effective until May 1st
Sections #2 and #4 of the shelter in place order, as outlined below, specifically prohibit these activities, and spell out what’s allowed and what isn’t.
2. All individuals currently living within the County of Yolo, including its incorporated cities and the entire unincorporated area (the “County”), 2 are ordered to shelter at their place of residence. To the extent individuals who are not part of a single household are using shared residential spaces (e.g., common patios, laundry rooms, lobbies), they must at all times as reasonably possible maintain social distancing of at least six feet from any other person. As indicated in Section 4, below, all such gatherings are strongly discouraged and should be avoided unless essential for the health, safety, or welfare of those present. All persons may leave their residences only for Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions, or to operate Essential Businesses.
4. All public and private gatherings of any number of people not part of a single household or living unit are strongly discouraged and should be avoided unless essential for the health, safety, or welfare of those present.
Self-isolation means only having close contact with those who you live with. We can all do better.
Public Health Order Concerns in West Sacramento can be reported using one of the following methods:
- Contacting Code Enforcement via telephone at 916-617-4925
- Reporting via West Sac Connect: cityofwestsacramento.org/westsacconnect
- Reporting via the Yolo County Shelter in Place Feedback Portal: https://survey123.arcgis.com/shelterinplaceconcern